Tuesday, June 26, 2012

37 and a half weeks

Sigh.  Every morning I wake up with tingly, swollen hands.  I have now also experienced swollen feet as well, which I haven't ever had.  I am now at the point of so much discomfort, I have zero desire to do anything!

I want to lay down and relax most of the time... and even then, I'm not particularly comfortable.  My back is killing me, and I have random pains in my belly (Braxton Hicks? possibly...)

I have been reading lots from other expecting moms on a forum called the "July 2012 Birth Club"- all of the women are expecting little ones in July, and it's been fascinating to see what they all have to say and what they're experiencing.  Sadly, most of us are in the same boat and feel equally miserable.  Haha.

Luckily I am now working from home so I have more freedom to lay down if I need to, or just relax at different times.  I am loving working from home.  I wonder what it will be like when I am doing this and have the baby as well...

I am just so tired, so lazy, so OVER being pregnant.  It was exciting for a while, but now I am just SO ready for the next step... the part where I get to be a mom, and meet my baby and feel like a normal person again rather than a whale.

I know so many women who are pregnant, or have been preggo at the same time as me.  Most of them have had their babies already.  Sigh.  It's hard to watch them have their babies and put photos up, and meanwhile I am dying to get there already!!  Than again, I spoke with my cousin Stacey the other day and she is only at 25 weeks pregnant, and she said she was jealous that I was already at 37.  I'd be jealous, too.

The things that are currently getting me through the last few weeks of pregnancy:

- Watching How I Met Your Mother on Netflix
- Air Conditioning AND the fan running simultaneously
- Lots of ice water
- Lots of mid afternoon naps
- My amazing hubby who massages my back, my belly, my ribs, etc
- Ice cream, almost every night... I know, bad, bad, bad!
- Thinking about how cute my little baby doll is going to be!

 Lots of people have had dreams that Selah will come out with thick dark hair, and look like me (I hope so!).  I am hoping that is the case!  If the old wive's tales are true, then all of the heartburn I am having should indicate that Selah will have lots of hair.  I had lots when I was an infant!  Here is me as a baby:



Well here is a recent photo of me at 37 weeks:


4 comments:

  1. Hi there, I don't know you but I happened on this blog while searching for something for my daughter. Her name is Selah and I saw that will be your daughters name. Just wanted to confirm your decision. I am so glad we named our sweet Selah Pearl just what we did. Everyone loves it and I love how unique it is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh my goodness!!! That is sooo funny because I really wanted my daughter's middle name to be Pearl! My husband's grandmother's nickname was Pearl and she recently passed away, and we loved her so much. I wanted to have Pearl as the middle name but sadly my husband decided against it. I love, love, love the name Selah Pearl... so beautiful. My Selah will be Selah Marijke (pronounced Ma- rika), which is Mary in Dutch.

      Delete
  2. You still look gorgeous!!! hehe.
    looking back at my pictures my face and body were so swollen when I was pregnant. I hated it. You still look like you to me, where only your belly looks big.

    I never knew people actually had ice cream runs from their husbands!!!! how cute!!! I heard of them, but never knew people have done them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That makes me feel good. But to be honest, you were GORGEOUS when you were pregnant. I love, love, love some of the photos I have seen of you preggers... especially the one in the sheer white dress. I know you felt like some of the pics you took weren't modest enough, but I still think that photo was precious.

      Delete